Monday, May 23, 2011

Today has been a day...

Day one of round 2!!

In some ways it has been an awesome day!! Eaten clean . Trained mean. Started the round as i meant to go on.

Other things just drove me mad.

Like being told all day long " you look old, you look gaunt, you look tired , you look drawn"

And " dont lose any more weight, dont go too far...."

The occasional comment i can laugh off. But this was all day loooooong.

Just for the record... I am healthier and happier than i have been in a long time.
And just for the record ... Yes i will probably lose more weight. My goals are very much fitness based now ... But as im still not even in the healthy weight range, some more kg better fall off.

I am not doing this without thought. I am not addicted to losing. I am not risking my health. My gp and endocrinologist both support my goals. They also both think my weightnloss goal is safe and achievable.

My journey is about being my own best version of me. Nothing is going to stop that.

So despite the knockers, i have eaten clean and smashed it out at the gym.

Starting the round as i mean to end.

3 comments:

  1. what is it with those people? I had people telling me that I'm overdoing the exercise...the fact is that they aren't exercising enough...and they probably aren't eating right either...and they are jealous of the determination that they see. You do what you want, and what you know is best for you and don't worry about the nay-sayers.
    Jax

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's crazy Kath - I'm six weeks out from a Figure Competition and people don't believe I eat lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't help but wonder whether people's comments have more to do with their own inadequacies/guilt/whatnot than your own health and goals...?

    ReplyDelete