Sunday, December 19, 2010

The week before Christmas (12wbt style!)


**This poem was posted on facebook today by Margaret Evans. And it is FABULOUS! It is just how I feel about Christmas this year! and with her permission I get to share it all with you! **



Twas the week before Christmas, and I am having a thought
About all the fresh food and vege’s I’ve bought
To take me through Christmas and New Years Day
I’m not putting on weight – NO BLOODY WAY

...I baked Nat’s Lasagne and Thai Pumpkin Soup
Plenty for me and all of the troupe.
I have Cinnamon Roast Pumpkin, Walnuts and Fetta
Nutritious, delicious salad – I have never had better

The turkey is ready (all counted and weighed)
The ham as well, on other plates it will stay
Roast potatoes for family, salad for me
And then we’ll have a dance around the tree

Christmas this year is about family and friends
Not pigging out then making amends
Oh, I plan to have a jolly good time
And that does involve a glass (or three) of wine

...So thank you Michelle, and all of the team
I hope you know – to us - how much you mean

Here’s to a wonderful and happy end of the year
Wish you a safe and merry season of cheer.
I will see you in February, with clothes less tight
For now, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night

No comments:

Post a Comment