Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Aiming for the moon!



Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.
W. Clement Stone



I have a short term goal. It's a big one ... don't know if I can do it, but I'm sure going to try!

As of yesterday I have 1.8kg to lose, till I am no longer classified as obese on the BMI scale. Sure - I will still be overweight, but as I have been obese for pretty much my entire married life (and some time before!) this is a HUGE goal for me.

My goal, and I am writing it here to make it real, is not to be obese in 2011.

That gives me till January 1st to lose 1.8kg.

Possible? Yes. In an ideal world. On weeks that I train hard, eat clean I have lost that in a week, and I have a 9 days. (10 including yesterday)

Is there every chance I will fail? Of course! I mean - there is Christmas. My gym is closed. It's raining ALL the time. And weight loss is never an exact science.

Does the thought of failure mean I am not going to give it a go???

NO WAY! Even if I shoot for the 1.8kg, and only lose a bit of that ... I am still on my way down!!

Aiming for the moon ... and if I only hit a star ... gonna smile anyway!!!

So - not obese in 2011??? Gonna give it a good crack!

No comments:

Post a Comment