Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Signed, sealed and commited. My first fun run!



I've always wanted to be a runner. Don't get me wrong, I will never run fast. And I don't want to run huge distances. But when I want to workout I would love the ability and the confidence to step out my front door, run for half an hour and have my workout done.

Somehow however my mind gets in the way. Even when my body can go on, at the first sign of tiredness my mind tells me to stop. And stupidly I let it.

Not next year. In 2011 I WILL learn to run. I might not reach perfection, occasionally I will walk a little ... but I AM going to be a runner.

To give me (and my stupid brain) a reason to keep going I have set a big goal. My first ever fun run. I have chosen the TWILIGHT RUN in Brisbane in March as my first goal.

It is far enough away that it gives me time to train. It is close enough that it feels within reach. It is short enough that it isn't overwhelming.

And some 12wbt buddies I have met through the net are going to run it too. So it should be fun!

To make it real I have booked and paid today. I have committed. This IS going to happen!

ARRRGHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment