Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Smashing through my comfort zone.



I've been doing a lot of thinking lately.


Giving myself a good talking to at times.



And I know what I want my mantra for round three to be.



SMASHING THROUGH MY COMFORT ZONES



I don't want the I can'ts holding me back anymore.

I don't want my achievements to be limited by what my head tells my body it can do.

I don't want to NOT do things because I am embarrassed anymore.

Or because I wonder what people will think of me.

I don't want to limit things because I don't think I'm strong enough, fast enough, fit enough.



So round three?



Round three is all about stretching outside of where I feel safe, and comfortable.

It's about breaking those limits.

Seeing what I can do.



How?


Starting lean and strong for one! Weights scare me!

Early morning classes.

Running longer, further.

Trying new classes. Like spin. Spin terrifies me.

Trying out the boxing gym. (Great workout but it stinks of sweaty men!)


I'm going to do push out of comfortable. Into stretching it. Edge close to that panic zone.

It's there on the edge that the improvements are the strongest I reckon!

No comments:

Post a Comment