Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

I hope everyone had a brilliant New Year's Celebration! Mine was kind of subdued. I worked the evening of New Years Eve and then got up and worked an early New Year's Day. But don't feel sorry for me ... I'm hoping the penalty rates will pay for a few days away sometime!

Anyway - my plan was to do a big run New Year's Day to start the year out as I intend to continue. But after getting home, and having a short nap,things weren't looking good.

Enter the mind set lessons I learnt through Michelle Bridge's 12 week body transformation

Step 1. I decided I was going no matter what. I didn't have to run. I just was going to go. So I got dressed - got ready - and pottered around the house.

Step 2. Employed the 10 min rule. I had to get out the door and do it. But I could stop after 10 min if I wanted to.

So off I went. Once I got out in the fresh air, and my music got me going, and I started to remember how good it felt to move I was right. See - Mish DOES know what she is talking about!

So .... Happy New Year!!!
3 km run ... and 20 sec off my average min/km pace!
I'm sorry but I ROCKED this New Year's Day!!!

Yep - stinking hot. Tired. Worn out. Exhausted. And SO HAPPY!


Then as I started my walk home, and my cool down, I realised that the reason I almost always stop at 3k is I don't like the route after that.

So I walked 5 more km on the way home, to figure out a better route (and I think I found it!!!)

So - 8km all up!!!! And over 700 calories!!!

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm feeling strong and fit and ready to start the year afresh!!


No comments:

Post a Comment