Thursday, January 27, 2011

Excuses in action

This is why I still need www.12wbt.com

I still need Mish to teach me and guide me. I still need accountability. I still need people going into bat for me. I still have a lot to learn.

It has been um ... well.... a lot of days since my last run.

Remember that run that rocked my socks off at the beach? Well apparently I must have not wanted to disapoint my body running elsewhere or something cause I haven't run since.

Why?? Well - yes it's been hot. I've been tired. Busy? Aren't we all?? I've been away. Had a lot to do. Back to school time.

Now you can see why one of the most important preseason tasks is working through our excuses. I still have a billion of them.

Oh - and my eating has been up the creek too.

There is one thing I have learnt tho. If my workouts are strong, the rest kinda follows. I just don't feel like so much crud food if I am working out strong.

So today I ran.

I wanted to run 2km. I was going to aim for 3. But I am back. And I ran 4km.




And it was hot and muggy and SLOW and hard. It felt so hard.



But I am back.

And I am running again Saturday morning. Seems I can do it, despite my lame excuses.

I just need to make me get out that door.

No comments:

Post a Comment