Monday, September 12, 2011

Round 3 bloggers challenge - week 1. My response!

If I'm going to set a challenge - probably a good idea if I complete it too!

My answers to the first 12wbt blogging challenge of round three!

1. Describe yourself in 25 words or less. You can get straight to the point - or bring your creativity into play.
Happy. Family focussed. A lifetime learner. Passionate - especially about health now I have some. Lover of good music, live theatre, great books. Loyal to a fault, but I have a temper too!My family is my world.

2. What brings you to 12wbt? Getting fitter? Losing weight? (Gaining weight??) Are you first timer, a repeat offender??
Definately a repeat offender - or lifetime member perhaps. My first round was about saving my life. My second about learning to run. I didn't know it at the time but my third round was about overcoming all obstacles. Life threw hurdle after hurdle at me.

My fourth round (this round) - it's lean and strong baby! Weight loss is no longer the focus (but a nice sideline!) Really - it's about overcoming and smashing through my comfort zone. This is the round I learn to not be scared and to have adventures!

3. Why do you blog??
I blog, firstly - to keep myself accountable. In order to blog I have to get out there and DO something first. A blog about nothing is pretty boring really.

I blog because I believe in this program! I want to share it with the world. Since singing it's praises from the rooftops doesn't always work - I blog instead

And I blog - because one day I want to show my little girl that sometimes things that don't come easy are worth fighting for. I want her to know that I fought with all I had to be fit, strong, and healthy for her , to set her a good example, and to give us a life that's fun and full!

4. Who is your biggest inspiration in life and why (doesn't have to be weight loss)
My mum. She is strong. Stronger than she thinks. She is organised and efficient. She says yes way too often at times ... but she is learning balance I think. She loves us kids heart and soul ... and she is my biggest supporter. She has always believed in me, always told me I'm beautiful.
She is amazing. (and I'm not the only one that says so)

5. What things in life bring you the most joy?
My family. My girl. I adore her. Good coffee. The sun on a warm spring day. The feeling I get on a REALLY good run. Being surrounded by people who love me.

6.What do you think your greatest challenge is going to be this round?
Overcoming my fear of meatheads in the weights area at my gym!

7. What are you most excited about 12wbt?
That I am about to see more lives transformed! And this time - I am seeing local lives changing! My little country town has a local group - and we are going to rock!

8. And what scares the pants off you?
Every time I have to do something new I get terrified. But I'm learning to barrel on through. Fear just means you are on the edge of something huge!

9. Tell me - right now - today - how do you feel about exercise in no more than 10 words
Passionate! It invigorates me. It empowers me. It is my therapy, my strength and my joy!

10. Complete this sentence - in 12 weeks time - on the last day of 12wbt I am going to be feeling ____________________
STRONG. I am going to feel like a champion! Healthy in all areas. Fit. Toned. Living the life I should be and deserve to. And like a woman of my word!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with l&S - I am sure you will smash it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kath

    I've done this week's challenge. Thanks for starting this again!

    http://dietschmiet.wordpress.com/2011/09/14/blogging-challenge-12wbt-style-week-1/

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great response to your challenge. I think the stronger you get the easier it will be to get passed the fear of the "meatheads" OR you will see they aren't that at all and you will end up being best mates :)

    Good luck this round Kath, look forward to seeing you at the finish line x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to find out more about fellow 12WBTers - loving your blog and looking forward to the blogging challenges this round (my response: http://kathisblogging.blogspot.com/2011/09/round-3-bloggers-challenge-introduce.html)

    ReplyDelete