Monday, April 18, 2011

The night i realised it's ok to be fussy!

My husband is coeliac. To protect his health when we eat out we ask a million questions. We speak to the chef if we have to. We get them to change meals. And we don't settle for good enough.

On Tuesday night we had a rare child free night together. We went out to dinner. You know ... Like a date! I had forgotten what that was like.

It was a wonderful evening. Not just because i got to spend time with my man ... But i learnt a lesson finally.

Just because i am not coeliac like him, does not mean i need to settle for "good enough". I can be fussy. I can expect to get a meal that is delicious ... And i will enjoy ... Without feeling guilty. After all ... Im paying for a service...

And it was wonderful. Thai noodle salad, without the noodles... Sauce on the side ... And can you add grilled prawns please?

Delicious! Tasty! And eatng out without guilt.

How empowering is that!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment