Monday, March 28, 2011

This is not easy for me to do ...

There is nothing about me that want to write this post. You know us women ... we are pretty good at hating on our own bodies. Takes a lot to say what you like. Especially when you feel like you have so far to go. But the way I see it there is nothing about 12wbt that involves being down on yourself. This program is about being strong. Being empowered. This program is about being the best version of me. And since I am struggling to see the good points some days ... I am going to force the issue till I see it! Today's task. Take a photo of me. Not glammed up. Just me. And write a list - not about the things that are wrong but the things that are right! So big breath ... here goes ... This is me. Hot and sweaty after gym last night. (excuse the mess in the photos - I train or I clean. Training wins right now)
I like my shoulders. They are really getting there fast. All that strength in group power I think And you can't see it - but I'm kind of impressed with the lack of back fat if you look from behind! My legs are getting shape. It's all the running. Good for something! Oh - and when I do hamstring stretches calves look skinny! It's funny! My arms are starting to show all the weights work. Sometimes I can even see a muscle But above all - when I look at that photo I see someone who trains! Not a fat person in training gear but someone living the talk! It isn't flattering ... but gee it makes me happy :)

4 comments:

  1. There's nothing better than a happy smiling sweaty fitness chick (and you know how much I sweat!) Looking good there Kath - it is, like your Lorna Jane Ts say "so worth it" - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I think we all need to stop and think about the positives rather than focusing so much on the negatives .. thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kath, you sure ain't lost your boobs! That's a plus isn't it? I on the other hand have lost a cup size and now they look deflated...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! Even when i was 53kg in uni they were still there!!!

    ReplyDelete