Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving thanks




In the spirit of my northern hemisphere friends Thanksgiving tradition, today I am skipping the turkey and the pumpkin pie (EWWWWWWWWWWWWW!) and just giving thanks!




12wbt.com, Michelle Bridges and my new lifestyle have given me a bazillion things to be thankful for ... let's see how I go!






  • I am thankful for my husband. His support is amazing. He knows $$ spent now are big $$ saved on chronic health care costs later. He watches miss e so I can train. He cooks dinner almost every night. He listens to me rant on endlessly about how awesome I am. And he has never critisized my weight - even at my heaviest. He just waited for me to be ready to change


  • I am thankful for Miss E. I am thankful living fit is now all she knows. I am thankful I have had the opportunity to become a mummy she can be proud of!


  • I am thankful for Mish! She had a vision - and it changed my life. It wasn't just diet and exercise. It was support. It was mindset lessons. It was creating a family.


  • I am thankful for my mum and dad. They rock. They love me - they support me - they cheer me on!


  • I am thankful for my blog readers! You guys are so cool! Even now an awesome comment makes my day!


  • I am thankful for my twitter family. Twitter means I am surrounded by people with the same goal who will love, support, encourage me and kick my butt. Love it


  • I am thankful for my gym. These guys get me.


  • I am thankful I can breathe. I really couldn't before


  • I am thankful my clothes fit. And I can sit without having to negotiate my belly.


  • I am thankful I can run. I can run just cause


  • I am thankful I can lift heavy things. I am thankful my bones are getting strong along with my muscles, my heart and my mind.


  • I am thankful for a pt who gets me. He knows I need to be challenged. That sessions have to be fun. He knows I need to feel like I can conquer the world. That he needed to show I could trust him so I could do crazy things


  • I am thankful for my Qld crew - fun events - awesome people! Releasing our inner awesome!


  • I am thankful that I can just say YES! Run? Sure! Bootcamp? I'm in! Crazy 0500hr pt? Yep!


  • I'm thankful my core is getting stronger. It has always been my week point. It is getting there


  • I am thankful for CoachRell and #rellsrunners. People who will support me - and know that any run is a good run as long as you are running


  • I am thankful for the big huge massive 12wbt events. Last time I got quite teary. 800 odd people training in the sun together ... and I am part of it.


  • I am thankful for lower blood pressure, better blood sugars ... better health


  • I am thankful for energy. I may train more but I am no where near as tired


  • I am thankful I am happy now


  • I am thankful for this newfound passion!


  • I am just thankful for my life. This is how I am meant to be.


  • I am thankful for joy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Kath, look at all that positivity there, you are living your life to the max now. How awesome is that!?!? I'm a bit overwhelmed that I get a special Thankyou tho! I can't wait to spend the weekend with you in Sydney :) lots of love, Rell xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic post - look at how far you have come since I first met you!
    I can't wait to catch up with you again in a few weeks time :)
    xx
    S

    ReplyDelete