Sunday, July 8, 2012

How do you celebrate a 12wbt babe??

Well - if you are blessed enough to have my local crew ... with baby Bootcamp of course!

If you know me ... you know I do not DO baby showers. There are lots of reasons. It's not that I'm not grateful. It is just not something I do. Ever.

Seems the only people who can break through my shell are my local 12wbt team!

These girls rock! I live in a small country area. When I started 12wbt I was it. There was no local support at all!

Now we are a team of 40 plus. And I love these girl! They are keeping me going and motivated .. and make me look forward to training hard with them when I am back on board!
Morning tea was provided by the lovely Tara! So beautiful!
And my 12wbt girls and the girls from my bootcamp/pt group (plus my pt who is NOT a girl!) joined together to celebrate and train! Everyone trained with a pregnant belly! Mine is on the left ... all the others are courtesy of balloons! Funny thing is - the balloons have tricked many people in the pis!

The activities were chosen by me ... the number of reps were based on the answers from baby shower games.
Push ups were first up ... as a result of everyone guessing with string the size of my belly. The number of pushups were determined by how far out their estimate was! Every centimetre out was 1 pushup! Poor Linda ended up with 88 of them! Funny part is ... she's a midwife!

Justin my pt (who may have chosen other fake balloon assets rather than belly) helped her out by taking 20 of her 88 pushups for her! Good man!

Squats were next ... I had to fill in a survey on various baby characteristics ... and whether I hoped they would come from me or daddy. Everyone had to guess my responses. Every time they were out ... 10 squats.

Linda did the squats complete with baby belly and added pregnancy "weight gain"

Shuttle runs, complete with planks, burpees, lunges, situps ....

Oh and something knew Linda invented! The vomits. One burpee . One frog jump. Repeat till you hit the tree. (or vomit!)
For someone who doesn't "do" babyshowers ... I had a ball! Coffee out afterwards ... it was lovely!

Next time I'll be doing the training - not the orders! Big thanks to my local crew ... and Tara and Linda for organising it!

I couldn't have asked for a more "me" shower!


7 comments:

  1. This is fabulous!! Such a perfect baby shower for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Kath, that is just perfect and I love the baby watermelon thingy. So darn cute. What a great group you have up there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fabulous time and a fabulous group. Love it. Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. if I had of seen this first, it would have saved some embarrasment lol.. and yes you still look fantastic-

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great team you have up there now! Btw, loving your belly! So very cute! Xxoo Heidi Porter

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fantastic for you Kath - what a lovely crew you've got! And as you say, very you. Love the balloon pregnancy bellies!

    ReplyDelete