Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Keeping it real - 32 weeks!


It's been a while since my last Keeping it Real Post! A month in fact! A lot can change in a month ... so here goes.

Week 32


Nutrition
Mixed bag here. Going away for me never means the best nutrition. Especially when pregnancy restrictions (re listeria) mean avoiding salad bars etc (my normal staple away! Give me veges!!!)

I did pay a ridiculous amount for fruit skewers and yogurt at the hotel for breakfast, and it was worth every cent! Fresh fruit! YUM!

The good note - is I am finally craving what my body needs. Fruit. Veges. Salad. Water. SO much water. I finally feel like it's not a constant battle to eat well. I think that being on holidays and not having to fight the third trimester morning sickness helps too!

Pregnancy
Um yeah. I feel pregnant. How people are just starting to figure it out is beyond me. I'm pretty big!
I have no clothes that fit and don't want to spend money on them - THAT is getting me down! I miss my pretty wardrobe I was starting to get together!

Our little family had it's last trip away as a family of three on the weekend. We went to the Gold coast for the Gold Coast marathon (hubby and Miss 7 ran ! I was just jealous!) It was so nice to be somewhere WARM but I really was feeling the travel.

My other pregnancy hint ... 2XU compression socks are not just for running! Put on first thing in the morning they are great for keeping swelling down and helping sore pregnant legs get through the day!

Exercise


um yeah. This has slowed way way down.

PT didn't happen this week. Walking a lot at the Gold Coast gave me some pretty horrid Braxton Hicks contractions, so we both decided training would be unwise.

So right now my training is a lot of walking (which I think is becoming a waddle), stretching, and light weights.

I really really miss training hard! Especially after being at the Gold Coast ! I want to run again! But physio advice meant running had to stop ... and I know I WILL be back! I am making plans! (which is another blog to come soon!)

So right now Training is more about keeping the headspace and the habit. It will be a slow recovery but I have goals

Other


What to say ... holidays are amazing. I am so much more relaxed and totally soaking up my time with Miss 7.

Along with other twitter friends I am taking part in #operationantihoard to get the physical clutter out of our homes. The amazing side effect is so much mental clutter is leaving too.

I am loving being pregnant. But getting tired. I hate to drive long trips now!

Right now I feel like I am in a stabilising time. Settling down for the birth. For life with a newborn. And trying to make sustainable plans to get me back.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos, Kath. Looks like your whole family enjoyed the event. Love the Gold Coast running Carnival. Have done it a few times myself. Such a gorgeous place to get inspired. Friends completed their first marathon last weekend. Really wish I could have been there. Hope all is going well and you are enjoying the last few weeks of pregnancy.
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete