Monday, April 15, 2013

The courage to start ... again.

Fighter babe is 8 months!
She is a living breathing gorgeous miracle!
It's pretty much safe to say that we adore her! She is very very loved.

What I do not love is how I am feeling.
Pregnancy and early motherhood meant I did not put myself first, second or third in life.
I have gone back to barely exercising and eating crap.

And there are no excuses.

I've put on weight. Lots of weight.
I couldn't run if I tried.
My health , my life, everything feels out of wack.

And for many months starting again has felt too hard.

But you want to know something ...

more and more each day I know I am ready to feel alive again.

It will be harder. Working around a baby is tough. Working around a baby and Miss 7 is tougher.
And I don't have the benefit of a fitness base to help me.

It will take longer.

But it will be done.

It takes courage to start. And it definitely takes courage to start again.

Today I am starting at the beginning. Preseason tasks.
 What are my excuses. There are a lot.

But you know why I know I have the courage to do this again??
Because in the shocking news from Boston today - my heart aches for them because even now - I feel part of that running community.
I remember the ultimate HIGH from finishing a race. I remember the comradeship I felt along the course.

I hear stories today about how runners who were safe from the explosion ran INTO the bomb zone to help others.
I hear stories of how runners ran to the nearest red cross to give blood.

If they can have courage to go on when an event many of them have dreamt all their lives of running is attacked ... well I can say no to the cake and start again.

My prayers are with Boston. Have courage my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment