Friday, September 28, 2012

I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all!

It's been a while! Guess I've had a few things going on ... it's hard to find your awesome when you are engulfed in newborn babyland.

And you know what? That's as it should be. They are so little for just a short short time. My baby is 5kg already! Growing fast!

But slowly the fog is rising. Our girls (both of them -oh how I love to say I am a mum of DAUGHTERS) are doing beautifully. Miss 7 truly has been a gift and I am madly in love with her AND her baby sister! I am starting to feel like we've got this, and it's time to start to find me.

And it's time to write again. And train. And find the joy.

I've taken time to heal - after pregnancy and the c-section this was a necessity. And I've got good people surrounding me, and lots of good advice on what to do.

Now it is time to feel like me again.

It will be different. There is no way I can commit to hours at the gym, or fixed times for sessions. Heck right now I'll be lucky some days if I see the gym at all!

A good 9 mths ago - Emma from Emazon gave me the key. She told me back that - that fluidity would be the word for where I am right now. And boy is she right.

I don't have the luxury of a gym with a creche, or someone to come and sit with my girl while I train. And her routine (if there is one) will change day by day. That is the way of a newborn.

But what I do have is knowledge. I've travelled this journey with commitment in the past, and I have learned what I need to do.

I know how to train. I know what my body needs. I know my technique and how to make it fun. I know what I love to do - what brings me joy.

I have a 24 hour gym at my disposal (not that I will use it odd hours - rest is important too).
I have enough weights here to lift and lift heavy!
I have my body weight - and an aresenal of ways to train using only that.
I have a husband who will do what he can to make it happen.
My pt who is there ready to support me till I'm back to sessions with him
A facebook and twitter family who rock!
And I have me. We are not designed to be big inactive lumps of lard. Our bodies are programmed to be strong. To be tested. To endure. My body wants to train, it loves to eat healthy, it wants to be strong ... and that is what will bring me the win!

And so I trained.

Today I escaped babyland. For an hour Paul watched the girls and I hit the gym.
It was EMPTY (with the exception of the pilates class)! How wrong is that?!

9 am on a Saturday morning ... and the gym was my playground! (AWESOME - but WHERE WERE you people!)

However it was awesome!

I got on those treadmills and nailed out some walk/run intervals (testing my body before I start running again), and then I hit the weights hard. I didn't lift as heavy, but I lifted with form, with no mucking about, with focus and intensity. Making the most of the hour I had.

I was me.

So I'm back.

Don't expect perfection. I don't believe in it. My life certainly doesn't allow it.

Just expect me. Doing the best I can.

I've got me some goals to meet!


No comments:

Post a Comment