Thursday, June 21, 2012

Drink more water

Pregnant or not - these little words apply to me and my health and fitness journey.

Drink more water.

I can really tell the difference. If I am well hydrated I feel better. I eat better. I perform better in training. I even sleep better.

Let myself get dehydrated and I'm a mess.

On a day of a hard session I pre-hydrate all day (and the day before if it is a race). I notice it if I don't.

And now - at 30 weeks pregnant - I am noticing it more than ever.

I need water.

Not tea.
Not coffee.
Water.

These drink bottles are my saviour! The lifefactory glass bottles. I found them online and thought I would try them and I LOVE them!

Glass doesn't make the water taste foul. It keeps my water colder longer. And I don't have to worry about nasties leaching out of the plastic into my drink.

Drink more water.

It doesn't get any simpler than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment